04 December 2005

keeping my head above water

clothes fresh from the dryer, the japanese maple in our front yard (currently a brilliant fiery red), ava's new pixie cut, music by the shins (chutes too narrow please because I cannot get enough), my husky/scratchy/raspy head cold voice (that I wish I could keep forever), freshly painted toes in crimson (thank you amy), sugar lemon soap , this birthday/christmas wish list (that was loads of fun to make), ava's super enthusiastic nightly discoveries of planet venus and all the stars, these bright colored photos (that make me want to lick the computer screen), strawberries dipped in chocolate,  paper snowflake-making (with the ava-girl), a dance class high, the promise of a red velvet cake, ezra walking around with boots on his hands, the scent of freshly cut christmas tree, the possibility of a tuesday night trip to star bar (whereupon I will dance with lovely dancer friends to the likes of double dutch bus and come home with clothes drenched in sweat), recently thrifted knee-high boots, a new season of project runway (I can't wait, people), ward's new beard (which I am weak in the knees over), this christmas album by my bro (original album cover art by this totally hot guy I know), the possibility of a road trip to see this art exhibit, the unconditional love heaped on me daily via sloppy kisses, frantic squeezes and much bum rushing.


I'll not front. the title here was indeed inspired by the good times theme song. ain't we lucky we got em? you know you want to sing the song now, don't fight it.

16 comments:

  1. aside from reading all your delightful details, my favorite thing about this post is that the whole time i read it the 'good times' theme song played in my head. i am singing with you now...loudly and probably off key.... "keepin' your head above water, making your way if you can! ain't we lucky we got 'em....gooood times!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe....bumrushing.....=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this makes me feel like I was just rolled in goodness! Thank you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for fantastic knee-high boots from the Thrift Store! I love fun finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tee-hee. a feel good post; nothing like 'em! ah, yes, good times... here I go now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. good times - ya! loved all the links. n and i just made some crazy looking snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. andrea... your post.... is keeping my head above water....

    thank you....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Road trip where? To Brook-non or LA???

    Ain't we lucky we got 'em, dudududun . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madness Rivera, the promise of a road trip is to see the Basquiat exhibit in Houston. That's where it is right now until February. Word.

    And I'm glad you're liking the beard, Andrea. Rather itchy, but it's kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I caught it in LA. Worth the trip fo sho. Was just hoping you guys were coming my way . . .:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you'll think this has to be an exaggeration, but its not: i listened to that shins album every day for a year. mina knows that album completely -- all the words to every song.

    obsessive? a tad...

    ReplyDelete
  12. did you make it to star bar? i know you were very excited about the prospect! lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for project runway either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your posts, this one inparticular. A celebration of often over looked things.

    -I saw Basquiat in Brooklyn, go now! It would be a marvelous road trip detsination! And anything lemon scented by fresh, my favorite-

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks everyone... for humoring me, for enjoying.

    madness, wish we were coming out your way! who knows? that might be happening sooner than we think.

    sweetney, you have no idea how comforting it is to me to hear this. I am driving ward crazy and he has put me on a shins diet.

    lulu, no it did not happen. it's a long story that involves kids and wipeouts and marathon crying sessions. amy has promised me that we're going to make it happen. I believe her.

    claudine, I am watching project runway right this very moment (as I'm typing)... and I bet you are too! don't you just love it already? bring on the fashion designer drama and fascinating assignments...!

    jesc- ward and I ALMOST made it up to the exhibit in brooklyn the very last weekend it was showing (my favorite dance company was also performing at the joyce that same weekend and so we thought it was meant for us to go... alas, it did not happen)... trying to make the road trip to houston to see it, though. my dear cousin lives there and we've been dying to see her anyway so... hopefully! thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete