15 September 2008

today, you can go anywhere you want



today, you can visit italy. scroll down here until you land on bisceglia, italy part two. you will find yourself in the middle of the most terrific italian alleyway and you will not want to leave. there will be a dance involving two guys named domenico and gilles, freestyle handstands, passing scooters and swooping birds. there will be another dance involving a small group of locals and a bit of giggling. listen to the sounds and it will feel like you are there. you will feel like you are in an alleyway somewhere in italy and it will feel like dance is everywhere. because it is.

today, you can follow margaret kilgallen around san francisco. listen while she talks about handmade signs and wavering lines, watch while she climbs a red ladder in her studio, walk with her through the trainyards. she will talk about where the beauty is and you might find yourself nodding like I did.

today, you can look at 17 things amy made. then you can visit chicago and see what happened when she set out to make the 18th thing. it will make you want to make things, it will make you want to celebrate the things you've already made, it will make you want to cry. I know I did.

22 comments:

  1. oh, thank you so much for finding and sharing these little pieces of life! I so enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last video really inspires to continue making things, so beautiful, touching and oh, I cried too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post was really wonderful. especially the last video. our world needs to come together more often, to love and live in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried too. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog but wanted to thank you for showing the last two videos, very moving.

    I've linked to one of them and your blog in my first post on my new blog (ta da!) so hope that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these videos made one thing for sure- my day. I can't thank you enough for sharing them with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god it made me cry too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. once more, tears... that last one... so cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes. things she made...the 18th was pretty darn spiffy. i'm thinking of what i can joyously submit for the film project. hmmm..think think think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally cried and loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, that's just so lovely. having kept myself up all night, worrying about vague and specific things, it really broke me open. which i'm grateful for, even if it did happen at my desk in the middle of a busy office. :)

    x thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. that last one was awesome!Thanks for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. today i want to be on your couch with warm mugs of cocoa and new bottles of toenail polish in colors we've never ever tried before, k?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love that video of the 17 things amy made, and the making of the 18th. what a wonderful way of inspiring people to create together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Amy's 18th thing - it really made me want to do something wonderful for a perfect stranger...so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it,s true that we can anywhere without leaving our house. So cool !

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing I would love to go to italy :)
    And thanks for your last post, I have a brownie and was wondering how to take pictures with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you always get such colorful punch out of your photos?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for the video links -- they made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some things just make me feel like the world is a wonderful place populated by wonderful people. Amy's 17 Things video and especially her 18th thing were two of them. You are another. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm going to check out the video links in a minute...

    i just wanted to let you know that i've nominated you for a blogging award. i know this might be too much 'blog pressure', so feel free to disregard the 'doing' part of it, but i just wanted to let you know HOW much i love coming here, and reading, and soaking in your gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow -- I could not stop crying at that 18th thing.

    ReplyDelete