02 December 2009

number 28



a couple of years ago, I found a beat-up polaroid automatic 100 at a yard sale. the viewfinder was cracked and the battery compartment was completely corroded but I figured I could find a way to make it work. then, back in march, miss jenny frecklewonder sent a little package my way. nestled amidst the many vintage treasures inside? a beautiful polaroid automatic 100. in mint condish. fast forward to july and a nervous me holding said camera. freshly loaded, ready to fire. I'll admit, it felt totally foreign in my hands. did I even have it set right? was it in focus? was the light right? and most importantly, would I be able to yank the film out fast enough? first shot out the pack was this one of ava. and well, and that was that. totally hooked. and number 28, triumphantly crossed off the list.

so this one is for you, jenny. I cannot thank you enough.

p.s. I think I might love peel apart film. this should come as no surprise to all you peel apart lovers out there.

9 comments:

  1. I've got a Automatic 104 and when I use it, I question why I use any other camera. It's that awesome. Keep shooting with your 100, and keep crossing off your 38. What a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the photo ... i love the story behind the photo ... & now i want a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found one of these a few weeks ago and need to send it to my dad to see if he can tinker w/ the battery compartment. I have a feeling I'm gonna love love love shooting my kids w/ this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I love peel apart too. I still have no idea how to shoot with my 100 land but I do love it so.
    this photo is beautiful and I'm curious, what type film did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love peel apart too. I still have no idea how to shoot with my 100 land but I do love it so.
    this photo is beautiful and I'm curious, what type film did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heart peel apart film and my polaroid 100 is one of my favourite cameras though it won't be used again until spring since we are in the frozen zone again ;-)

    i heart this photo, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are really good at taking portratis!

    :) my friend has a Polaroid and loves it to death! hehe

    xx love

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi. i'm friends with mackenzie bartals. . .

    i would love to help you with:
    your mapping out the photobooth crawl! (unfortunately i only know of one working photobooth here in portland. . . )
    teach you to embroider.
    making collages
    guerilla art adventure

    all in one night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LONG live the polaroid! :)

    http://mylensoflove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete