06 November 2016

R.I.P.

we lose that extra hour of light with the time change and friends, I mourn it like a death.

I want to hold a small, respectable ceremony for it, say a few kind words about it, about how much I loved it, how sorely it will be missed, how we must all be brave in the face of such great loss and find a way to get on with our lives without it.

kidding. sort of.

please, feel free to leave your condolences in the comment section below. in lieu of flowers, please send candles.



6 comments:

  1. I hear you! Yesterday I was lying on the flour in my living room working on some artwork, it was the middle of the afternoon and the windows were open, so I should have have full light. Instead I was all "why is the light already coming at me from such a sharp angle?! The only saving grace for me is when my hours at work changed a couple years ago. Now I get off of work at 3 and still have a WHOLE hour of full daylight before it goes dark in the winter. That hour means everything to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, yes. when we lose the light, just one hour can mean the world!

      Delete
  2. lul yes. fer realz. great minds think alike, i wrote about daylight savings ending yesterday too. i liked the morning part of it! but that's about it. oh and i don't like having an extra hour until voting day. :?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great minds! must check out your post now!

      Delete
  3. I HEART the time change. With all my soul. Ha. We cannot handle the mornings without daylight around here... we were like new people today getting ready for our Monday. : )

    ReplyDelete